1) Today is National Margarita Day. For me it might be right up there with Christmas. It's Friday - why not mix a batch up for you and your honey to celebrate a long week's work? I'm usually a purist when it comes to my margarita, but seeing as citrus is in season right now, this Grapefruit Margarita is DEE-lish:
This makes six small margaritas, or four properly-sized ones. (C'mon. Get your head in the game.)
- Lime wedges
- 1 cup tequila
- 1 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup Cointreau
- On a small plate spread salt.
- With lime wedges moisten glass rim.
- Dip glasses into salt.
- Place glasses into freezer to chill.
- In a pitcher combine tequila, grapefruit juice, lime juice and Cointreau.
- Remove glasses from freezer and serve margarita mixture over ice.
- Garnish with lime slices or grapefruit slices.
I will be using said margarita to toast the next two items:
2) Last night I hit 150 pages of this novel of mine. I gave myself three months to "change gears" from pottery to the written word. (Oh, I'm totally coming back to clay - just a hiatus for a few months...) Now I am writing in the Princeton Public Library, in the early morning, in the night, upstairs, downstairs, in my Honda, in my jammies, in my dirty apron, at Small World Coffee - whenever and wherever I can. When I'm not writing it, I'm thinking about it. It's way more difficult and way more fun than I anticipated. I can't share everything, but I can tell you it is a modern romance that I hope is a little funny, a little sexy, and I hope a lot of fun to read. I keep a weekly word count on my website, if you'd like to pop in and check my progress...
Thank you, thank you, thank you to all my readers. You make my heart happy.
So in honor of this momentous occasion, I'm doing a giveaway of the design that started it all - my Rosie Candle. If you would like to be put into the drawing, just leave a comment and I will put your name in. In a week or so, I'll pull a name out of my bright orange winter hat, and Rosie will be yours! (And yes, kind readers, I will ship internationally... :)
And have I said Thank You? I have? Just one more.