FIND INSPIRATION IN THE EVERY DAY.

Friday, September 30, 2011

The Quirks

Today I'm inspired by a blog I read by artist Kelly Rae Roberts,  who is a guru and guide for creative souls like herself.  She offers an e-course and e-book about creativity and how to make a living as an artist.  The images on this blog are some of her sweet and colorful work.

In her About section, she has a list called "The Quirks": a slew of little-known facts about her.  It got me to thinking how I always love reading these lists about people, because it's what makes us unique, and hearing them really makes you feel as if you know a person.  So I thought go out on a limb and try one of my own...



The Quirks

  • I like bagels with vegetable cream cheese and lettuce.  Yes, lettuce.  Preferably the curly kind.

  • I would like to wear a uniform every day, if it didn't mean people would think I am certifiable.  A whole closet of the same shirt and jeans sounds like heaven to me.

  • My recent self-imposed nickname is Get Outta My Rae.

  • I never wear solid socks: polka dots, stripes, the louder the better.

  • I am very shy.  The best I can do is be an introvert pretending to be an extrovert.

  • I like to drink coffee in the shower.

  • I can see most people's "colors". Weird, but true.

  • I much prefer writing in pencil.

  • I would eat sandwiches for every meal.

  • I have a tattoo.  That's all I'll say about that.

  • If I don't make something with my hands every day, I get really cranky.  Just ask my husband.

  • I call my old red bike "My Trusty Steed".

  • Just putting my hands in clay calms me down.




OK, now, I want to know...what are YOUR quirks?  You don't have to tell me, (though I'd LOVE it if you did,) but just making a mental list for yourself is guaranteed to make you smile!


3 comments:

  1. I loved reading about your quirks! I LOVE "get outta my Rae"!! (can I say, "get outta my Kae"?
    haha. You are so right, it does make you feel like you get to know someone a bit better! I think we have a lot in common...tattoo? yep. Loud socks? yep. Actually, almost everything on your list except the bike and the clay! well, I will 'see' you soon! xokp

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Kristen: "Get outta my Kae" is yours!! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this list too Rae! Good for you - your bagels sound yummy and there are many days when I wish for all the same clothes too ;) So much fun - thanks for sharing!! xo

    ReplyDelete