FIND INSPIRATION IN THE EVERY DAY.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Visual Snacks

This might be hard to believe, but I really am an analog girl in a digital world.  (I know I'm not alone: I hear the rest of you out there, scratching in your notebooks with a sharpened pencil...raise those pencils high and proud!!)  Every tiny bit of technology confounds and amazes me: the iPhone, apps, links, backing up, digital editing, blabbity-blah blah.  So it'll come as no surprise that working on designing a mudstar website, even an informational one, is like trying to learn a foreign language when you're hard of hearing.  It's a little time-consuming.

So. I now find myself without a delicious blog meal to post today, but never fear!!  Snacks can be just as satisfying, and today I am sharing some tasty, tasty snacks of the visual variety:

1) Carved crayon totems from Pete Goldlust. (I'm not sure what's more fabulous: his work or his name.)

2) Anthropologie's Decor section of their new wedding line: BHLDN.  (Which is supposed to read: Beholden.  Why they couldn't just call it that, I'm not sure...but it's still gorgeous either way.)

3) Design blog Veda House, which highlights all the graceful, quiet elegance that is Scandanavian design.

4) Late July Organic Dark Chocolate Sandwich Cookies: picture the delicious black sheep of the Oreo family.  These are so, so good.  And they're organic: that's healthy, right?

5) Precious metal bowls from Pigeon Toe Ceramics.  "Wafer-thin sheets of copper with a burnished patina form these resplendent bowls." You had me at wafer-thin...

No comments:

Post a Comment