FIND INSPIRATION IN THE EVERY DAY.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Aaaaaahhhhh.....Fresh Starts!


Fresh starts.  Nothing better!  Put away the holiday clutter and bits and baubles!  Clean out the fridge of the moldy cheese!  Fill those garbage bags and pile up the recycling for tomorrow's collection!

Aaaaaahhhhhh....breathing room.  Take a moment.  Think about all that wide, empty, wondrous space of days ahead in this new year.  B.R.E.A.T.H.E.

Today's the day to take stock.  To carve out a bit of quiet for yourself after all the frenetic holiday comings and going. (Though those were lovely, too.)  Think about choosing a word for yourself for this new year.  Some friends I know have picked grand things like: balance, patience, flourish, focus and some others have picked simpler things like: read.  My word is: receptive - being open-minded, open-soul-ed, open to all the things the world has to show me/teach me/give me.

Today's the day to make a clean space.  Not sure where yet.  A desk, a shelf, a nightstand - maybe just in my head...  I've got a new notebook whose blank, pristine pages are filled with possibility.  Freshly-sharpened pencils, at the ready. 

Happy New Year, butter beans!!

No comments:

Post a Comment