FIND INSPIRATION IN THE EVERY DAY.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Five Finds


I'm baaaaaccckkkk!!  Screw the flu.  And that's all I'll say about that.  My only saving grace during my week+ in bed was my iPad, on which I streamed all kinds of bad 80's television.  Thank you, Netflix, for keeping ALL eight seasons of Magnum, P.I. alive and well.

Oval Plate by Brian R. Jones
"Sweet Tooth" Necklace by Elva Field

www.brianrjones.com
I like his happy, graphic pottery, but I think I might like his interviews (He calls them Jonescasts...) with potters even better.  

www.elvafields.com
Neck Candy: Elva re-uses vintage bits and baubles to make colorful, one-of-a-kind jewelry.  Pretty accessories which reduce, re-use, recycle!!

www.artaxis.org
Be careful with this one.  If you love ceramics, you may never leave.  Be sure to leave a trail of breadcrumbs so you can find your way back!

Plate by Jason Burnett
via www.artaxis.org


Once in a blue moon, my husband's and my music tastes collide and the universe rewards us.  Meet Nicki Bluhm and the Gramblers.  Their "Van Series" on YouTube is sort of fantastic.  Locals: They're playing March 26th in Philly at World Cafe Live.  And bless them for making Hall and Oates cool in my husband's eyes.  ( I think it was the kazoo...)


3 comments:

  1. Just stumbled upon your blog from Pinterest!! LOVE it!! Love all your ceramics on Etsy as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tami! So nice you found yourself here! If you stay tuned, I'm coming up on 100 posts and will be giving away one of my ceramic pieces to celebrate... Thanks again for reading and cheers!! xo Rae

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, love your finds and music with my morning coffee!

    ReplyDelete